Pole shift is a cataclysmic hypothesis that suggests that there have been geologically rapid shifts in the relative positions of modern-day geographic locations of the poles and the axis of rotation of the Earth, thus creating calamities such as floods and tectonic events. The Pole shift hypothesis is often discussed in ufology concerning ancient astronauts.
The icing of Antarctica began in the middle Eocene about 45.5 million years ago. Robert Nicholls gives an artistic impression of a tropical Antarctica that may have existed 100 million years ago. Lacerta File 1999 (Commentary) states that the KT Extinction occurred from the Great War between the Procyon (Nor'man) and certain reptoids (Tiamatians). Based on this data, it would seem probable that the last Pole Shift occurred 65 MYA from the devastation of the great weaponry, that is also suspected to have scarred Mars. It can be deduced that the Yucatán blast (not a meteorite) sent the Earth into a Pole Shift that triggered the KT Extinction. Over a twenty million year time-span, the Earth axis placement wandered off (with a more rapid motion than the normal True polar wander) so as to place Antarctica from the Equator, into its present day South Pole position where it then began to deep freeze.
Some Ufologists attempt to apply the Pole shift hypothesis to the flooding of Atlantis 12,000 years ago. However, the destruction of Atlantis, Gobekli Tepe and the Baltic Sea Monolith is suspected to be from the aftermath of the Rama Wars which had triggered the Last glacial period by some nuclear force, as early as 12,000 years ago. Currently, there is no scientific data to support a pole shift occurring that recent in Earth's history.
- ↑ Kiger, Patrick J. Ends of the Earth: Shifting of the Poles. National Geographic. Retrieved 2009-11-22.
- ↑ Sedimentological evidence for the formation of an East Antarctic ice sheet in Eocene/Oligocene time Palaeogeography, palaeoclimatology, & palaeoecology ISSN 0031-0182, 1992, vol. 93, no1-2, pp. 85–112 (3 p.)
- ↑ The Guardian, When Antarctica was a tropical paradise
- ↑ Ancient City Found in India, Irradiated from Atomic Blast
- ↑ Echoes of Atlantis by David S Brody
- ↑ History’s lost lesson: Ancient nuclear war among Indus Valley civilizations reexamined (2011)
- ↑ World Island Review (January, 1992), Ancient City Found, Irradiated From Atomic Blast