Hermann Oberth (1894-1989) was an Austro-Hungarian-born German physicist and engineer. He is considered one of the founding fathers of rocketry and astronautics.
- Hermann Oberth made this statement post WWII:
- "We cannot take the credit for our record advancement in certain scientific fields alone; we have been helped."
- When asked by whom, he replied:
- "The people of other worlds."
- "Above Top Secret" by Timothy Good, William Morrow and Company, Inc. 1988.
The Aldebaran Mystery, by Jim Nichols